December 11, 2009 at 5:03 PM
Source code for different components can be downloaded and used for in-depth debugging for .Net Framework components for Visual Studio 2010:
1. Download source code from Reference Source Code Center.
2. Install Reference Source WCF MSI in your local machine say under: 'C:\ReferenceSource'.
3. Launch Visual Studio 2008/2010.
4. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
5. In the Options dialog box, open the Debugging node and select General
6. Uncheck "Enable Just My Code (Managed only)"
7. Select Symbols under Debugging.
8. In the Symbol File Locations box, validate the location where the installed symbol files (.pdb) are present. If not, then add originally downloaded symbols location: C:\ReferenceSource\Symbols
9. Build you app, set breakpoints and F5 to debug.
PS. I've updated this post for Microsoft .Net 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010.
December 11, 2009 at 9:47 AM
Featured Products/Topics: Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio Team System
Recommended Audiences: IT Managers, IT Professionals, CIO, CTO, IT Directors, Solution Architects, Software Developers, Technical Decision Makers, Developers
When: December 16th
Where: Microsoft Downers Grove
3025 Highland Parkway
Downers Grove, IL
Make sure to RSVP.
Ram Cherala is the Principal Program Manager in the Visual Studio Test Tools Business, which is part of the Developer Division at Microsoft. Ram is very passionate about building a well-integrated set of tools and technologies that enable developers build, test and ship quality software.
What: See the awesome new testing features of Visual Studio 2010
• 6:30PM - Food and Beverages. Bring your nagging coding issues and design challenges for open discussion
• 7:00PM - Visual Studio 2010 - Microsoft
Ram's blog is here.
PS. The registration link was updated.
December 4, 2009 at 11:11 AM
A while ago, I played with the service which provides weather forecasts and designed a solution to convert the web-page content into a simple text message that is delivered to a mobile phone at scheduled time. Since people seems to be interested in this project, I've uploaded it to CodePlex and here it is: http://gismeteoweathersvc.codeplex.com Gismeteo Weather Service The implementation of weather service delivery to your mobile phone using SMS based on data provider Gismeteo (http://www.gismeteo.ru). The service is offering scheduled delivery of the data according to the user's settings, and is running as a windows service. Use at your own risk and at your own expense as I'm not responsible for text messages fees that may apply while you're testing this service. Neither any guarantees regarding the functionality, completeness, blah-blah, see Ms-PL.